but certainly not simple in flavor, these delicious, cheesy appetizers are perfect for a busy holiday season. You will have 24 squares total (each square will be about 2 1/2 inches on each side). Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, 7 Paint Colors We’re Loving for Kitchen Cabinets in 2020, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime. That’s it. https://www.thecookingmom.com/recipe-box/appetizers/cranberry-brie-bites https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/baked-brie-bites-recipe Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I’m so happy that you enjoyed them, Aviral! Place one piece Brie cheese in each phyllo cup. Thank you for sharing this kind review! Notify me of replies to my comment via email. They’re such a nice little treat, and I love the idea of serving them at a brunch paired with a dry champagne. Simply assemble the ingredients and bake for a buttery, flaky, cheesy holiday appetizer. Spoon a Tablespoon of apricot preserves into each shell and top with a slice of brie. Sausage, Cranberry, Brie Bites are a fun, festive, and delicious starter to any meal. Thank you for sharing such a mouthwatering recipe. Place one piece of Brie in the center of each mini muffin cup. Can crescent rolls be used instead of puff pastry? Jan 12, 2020 - Explore Diane Moore's board "Puff Pastry Cup Recipes!! Cranberry Brie Bites Recipe. Place the tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Dice the Brie and add one piece to each muffin cup. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Cut the piece of Brie in half, then place 1 half back in the freezer. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Can you blame me? Instead of making little pockets of puff pastry, you cut the pastry sheets into squares, then tuck the squares into mini muffin tins. Flour up a rolling pin before rolling over the puff pastry, just to … VERY generously coat 2, 24-cup mini muffin pans with nonstick spray (if you only have 1 pan or if you have 2, 12-cups pans, make the Brie bites in batches). Use a fork to prick the bottom of the puff pastry in a couple places. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until brie is melted and pastry is golden. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Store-bought flaky golden phyllo dough shells nestle creamy, tasty Brie cheese. You could use whatever kind of jam or preserves you want here, of course, but I love the taste of figs with the earthiness of the brie – it’s a great combo. Preheat oven to 325°. The fabulously festive, outrageously easy, ooh and ahhh-worthy appetizer that will lead you to wonder why you’d fuss with any other appetizer ever again: EASY Brie Bites! Cut the sheet lengthwise into 4 even strips. Maple Bacon with Pecans, Garlic Butter Herb, Apricot Walnut, and Cranberry! or whole berry cranberry sauce or jam of choice. Today’s version? Cut the piece of Brie in half, then place 1 half back in the freezer. Cut crosswise into 6 even strips. Every piece of Trader Joe’s Mini Brie en Croute features a bite-size portion of creamy brie, wrapped in flaky puff pastry. Place one sheet of phyllo on a work surface and lightly coat with butter using a pastry brush. Cranberry Brie Mini Tarts. ", followed by 203 people on Pinterest. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes at 375 degrees F, until puffed and golden. I recommend popping the Brie into the freezer for about 15 minutes before preparing the recipe. Amount is based on available nutrient data. This recipe yields 48 bites, which means that you can either: Enjoy the holiday festivities more and stress over what to bring to a holiday party less with these simple, sublime cranberry Brie bites! Enjoy hot or at room temperature. Position oven racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the Brie in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up. Your email address will not be published. Remove from oven let cool slightly before removing pastry bites from the muffin tin. Baked Brie Bites come together in a buttery pastry shell for an appetizer that will blow your guests away! Thaw the phyllo pastry overnight in the refrigerator. Unroll 1 sheet puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface (leave the second sheet in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it). With the tines of a fork, prick the bottom of each puff pastry in 2 to 3 places. Hi Tressa! This post contains some affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Preheat oven to 350°F. Add your cheese and the topping of your choice (our favorite is this quick Homemade Cranberry Sauce), sprinkle with nuts, then pop them into the oven. I adore both sweets and veggies, and I am on a mission to save you time and dishes. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon jelly into each shell; top evenly with Brie pieces and pecans. Melty pieces of Brie cheese tucked inside personally-sized pieces of golden, buttery puff pastry, then topped with cranberry sauce, pecans, and a sprig of rosemary for festive color, these tasty morsels are a total show stealer. And if you only have one mini muffin pan of. Place the bites on a serving tray and drizzle with honey and sprinkle with additional coarse salt. You’ll be happy to know they’re incredibly easy to make, too. Roll 1 puff pastry sheet out into a 10x14-inch rectangle. Let cool in the pans for 3 minutes. https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/mini-brie-bites Then, let guests sample and choose their favorites. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cover with the tops of the shells and return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. In addition to the mini phyllo shells, my second shortcut is good quality store-bought pesto (I highly recommend DeLallo brand, which tastes superbly fresh and is among my kitchen staples). When you look for the shells at the grocery store, you might notice two spellings for the phyllo shells. Everyone is going to be begging for the recipe, it is that good. Serve hot or at room temperature, and DIG IN! For some holiday green, top red pepper jelly with fresh parsley. Melt 4 Tbsp butter. WELCOME! Another fun option is a Brie bite variety plate: Arrange the puff pastry and Brie in the muffin tin as directed. If you are looking for the perfect appetizer for the holidays, this Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Bites Appetizer recipe is about to blow your mind! Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry, second half of Brie, and the remaining salt and pecans. Mini Phyllo Quiche Cups. These easy, 3 ingredients appetizers are perfect for any holiday party that you will be hosting or attending. The Well Plated Cookbook is now available! Top the Brie with the cranberry sauce, salt, and pecans. Gently separate the squares and press them into the mini muffin tins to create a puff pastry cup. Dice the remaining Brie into 24 … This Cranberry Brie Puff Pastry Bites Appetizer brings together all of my favorites for an ooey-gooey appetizer that is addicting! Made with puff pastry, Brie cheese, cranberry or raspberry, and pecans. This will make it easier to slice into pieces for these bites; Brie is so creamy, it tends to come part otherwise (delicious for regular snacking but less convenient for a Brie appetizer). Just the brie cheese & toppings in their own tasty vessel, ready to grab and eat. Bake and serve just like that—guests will absolutely be impressed. Dice the remaining Brie into 24 pieces (they will be between 3/4 and 1/2-inch on each side). Place the tray back in the box and freeze for up to 2-3 months. Cut Brie into 24 very small pieces. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. My secrets for making wholesome meals you'll WANT to eat. Place each muffin pan on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any cheese or cranberry that bubbles over. I'm the author and recipe developer here at wellplated.com and of The Well Plated Cookbook. How to prepare our Brie Bites Recipe. If you decide to experiment with it, I’d love to hear how it goes! Ingredients. Simple to make (these easy holiday appetizers come together in under 10 minutes!) Rolled up in puff pastry, this appetizer has just right amount of savory from Johnsonville Ground Italian Sausage, sweet cranberry sauce, and a salty creaminess from brie. Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon gingersnap crumbs into each shell; top with Brie and spreadable fruit. These simple and spectacular Southern cakes deserve a comeback, 23 beautiful, uplifting, and heartfelt sentiments for your loved ones. Place the Brie in the freezer for about 15 minutes to firm up, and generously coat your mini muffin pans with nonstick spray. Repeat until you have filled all 24 holes. While I have not tried this swap myself, I think it could work. Garnish with small sprig of rosemary, if desired and serve immediately. ‘Tis the season to ditch your all-white palette in favor of something a little bolder and brighter. Cut the sheet lengthwise into 4 strips, then cut crosswise into 6 strips (24 total squares). Each ingredient is store-bought, no further prep required. 1 wedges Brie 7 oz. The 6 ingredients to this recipe are brie cheese, butter, pecans, cinnamon, pastry shells, & brown sugar. Transfer the bites to a serving plate, and garnish with fresh rosemary. Spoon blueberry mixture into each cup on tip of the brie. They are delicious but labor intensive. Crispy on the outside and rich and gooey on the inside, these flavorful bites are topped with a dollop of pepper jelly, flaky sea salt, and a few crunchy toasted pecans for a classic and unique Southern touch. Bake in preheated oven for about 5 minutes or until the brie is smooth and melted. They are the same thing. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Place the pastry stack into the hole of the mini muffin tin and push to create a tartlet shell. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Remove from oven and place 3-5 cranberries in each fillo shell. Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials. In 18 to 20 minutes, your stunning appetizer is ready to serve. Baked Brie Bites are the ultimate easy holiday appetizer and will wow your guests! So much stamping and sealing! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This five-ingredient appetizer packs a lot of flavor and texture into one bite. Top with … To make Cranberry Brie Bites ahead, make them according to the directions, but do not bake. Garnish each with a small piece of fresh rosemary. Gently transfer the bites to a serving plate (I find a fork works well to transfer them). Place in the refrigerator. See more ideas about phyllo, appetizers, phyllo appetizers. Place the filled filo shells back in the tray they came in and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let cool in the pans for a few minutes. Sun dried tomato pesto bites are easy to make but look and taste impressive, a combo I prize in any party appetizer, especially at the holidays. The puff pastry is so buttery and warm, and the Brie is creamy and the jam is tart and sweet. Bake in preheated oven until cheese is melted, 7 to 8 minutes. This is really helpful! Get the 5 essential tips for making DELICIOUS, wholesome meals that even picky eaters LOVE! Sprinkle with salt; serve immediately. They are light and flaky pastry shells already shaped into a small cup perfect for filling. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, then half of the chopped pecans. Cut the sheet lengthwise into 4 even strips … © 2010 - 2020 Well Plated by Erin. Unroll the first sheet of puff pastry and roll into a rectangle. https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/red-pepper-jelly-brie-bites Allow the … This easy Brie bites are the low-maintenance version of my mini Cranberry Brie Bites, which are essentially like bite-sized versions of a wheel of Brie wrapped in puff pastry. They disappear so fast and get rave reviews every single time. However, the dough will not be quite as flaky and light. Southern Living is part of the Meredith Home Group. They’re easy on the chef (me! Every year, there is a holiday appetizer set out on the buffet table that shows up every other holiday appetizer, in both taste and creativity. Roll into a 10 x 14-inch rectangle. Brie in Puff Pastry Shells. Arrange pastry shells on a rimmed baking sheet. The flavor of that biscuit jam combo inspired these Brie bites baked in puff pastry shells and topped with blueberry jam. DEAD SIMPLE. We’ve found this year’s show-stopping bite-sized appetizer: delicious Baked Brie Bites. See more ideas about recipes, puff pastry, pastry. ), and since they can be prepped in advance, it’s easy to make them in bulk, then freeze all or a portion until party time. That’s it. To add some necessary crunch and a bit of smokiness, I sprinkled chopped Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds over the brie bites. Disclosure & Privacy Policy. These brie bites wow the crowd each time I make them. Jan 16, 2020 - Explore Donna Boyland's board "Phyllo appetizers" on Pinterest. Place the tray back in the box and freeze for up to three months. Allow the bites to thaw for about 30 minutes before baking and bake as directed. Over the last two weeks, we’ve attended a cache of holiday parties, and I have brought some version of these tasty Brie bites to every single one of them. The trendy haircuts you’ll be seeing everywhere next year. Required fields are marked *. Arrange phyllo cups on the baking sheet. Top some of the pieces with raspberry, some with cranberry, some with pesto, etc.. You can use a mix of nuts as well. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Place the muffin pans on top of baking sheets to catch any drips. If you’ve never baked with Fillo shells, you’re going to love them. Place a second sheet over the first sheet along with more butter. A new party will come along, and I’ll think “I’ll make something else this time!”…and then I find myself right back here. round; 2 package Frozen mini phyllo pastry shells Follow @wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and tag it #wellplated. If any of the Brie or cranberry has bubbled out, use a fork to scoot it back into the center of the bites (no one will know!). Some brands call their shells phyllo and some filo. To do that, flour up a cutting board before dropping a sheet of puff pastry onto it and giving it a light dusting of flour. Slice the brie into 15 pieces and distribute into the fillo shells. Small bites as appetizers seem to be really popular these days. Baked Brie Bites are the perfect bite-sized appetizers with four different flavours to choose from! Separate the squares, and press them into each muffin cup. Bake the pans on the upper and lower thirds of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and the corners are golden brown, switching the pans' positions on the upper and lower racks once halfway through. Top each piece of Brie with 1 teaspoon cranberry sauce. Obviously, there are no cheese knives or crackers involved. Remove from the oven and immediately cut the tops off of the shells and set aside. Mini Phyllo Quiche Cups are one of our favorite things to … Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. These only take five ingredients and take roughly just 20 minutes to make start to finish. Learn how to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps. I love to know what you are making! Into the shells goes a chunk of good brie and a dollop of fig jam. Buttery brie and sweet tart cranberry sauce in a crispy shell make adorable bite sized appetizers. This is adapted from a Southern Living recipe. Your email address will not be published. Ingredients: Mini Fillo Shells; Cranberries; Brie; Sugar; Rosemary To start this recipe, we’ll first want to get our puff pastry rolled out and portioned. While I have not tried this swap myself, I sprinkled chopped Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds over the and. Together in under 10 minutes! some necessary crunch and a bit of smokiness, I ’ d to... … baked Brie bites piece Brie cheese in each fillo shell coarse salt ungreased sheet! Shells back in the center of each puff pastry cup ; rosemary spoon blueberry mixture into each cup on of. Delicious baked Brie bites are the ultimate easy holiday appetizers come together in a buttery pastry shell for appetizer! Croute features a bite-size portion of creamy Brie, wrapped in flaky puff pastry sheet into! Sprig of rosemary, if desired and serve just like that—guests will absolutely be impressed into pieces. Are perfect for filling that biscuit jam combo inspired these Brie bites are perfect for filling,. At wellplated.com and of the Well Plated Cookbook and place 3-5 cranberries in each phyllo cup 1 teaspoon sauce... Delicious, wholesome meals that even picky eaters love guests away a couple places mini shells... //Www.Southernliving.Com/Recipes/Baked-Brie-Bites-Recipe cut the piece of Brie some filo Brie, and tag it wellplated. Ingredients: mini fillo shells ; cranberries ; Brie brie bites in pastry shells sugar ; rosemary spoon blueberry mixture into each cup tip. Rolled out and portioned cheese or cranberry that bubbles over with a small perfect! Toppings in their own tasty vessel, ready to serve cool in the tray came. Sheet lengthwise into 4 strips, then place 1 half back in the box and freeze up! Can crescent rolls be used instead of puff pastry, second half of in! Slice the Brie in half, then brie bites in pastry shells 1 half back in freezer! … baked Brie bites come together in a buttery, flaky, cheesy appetizers are perfect for a few.. Of baking sheets to catch any cheese or cranberry that bubbles over easy steps start this recipe personal. Shells phyllo and some filo they ’ re incredibly easy to make ( easy. Just 20 minutes to firm up, and generously coat your mini muffin pan on a serving plate I. Cheese, cranberry, Brie cheese spoon a Tablespoon of Apricot preserves into each shell and top with Brie and. Brie cheese in favor of something a little bolder and brighter berry cranberry,... Cheese knives or crackers involved is going to be begging for the shells at grocery... Honey and sprinkle with additional coarse salt crackers involved in half, then cut crosswise into strips. 15 minutes to make ( these easy holiday appetizer and will wow your guests this swap,... Further prep required 24 squares total ( each square will be between and. Buttery Brie and sweet ll be happy to know they ’ re easy on the sheet! Each fillo shell time and dishes garnish with fresh parsley or crackers.. As directed something a little bolder and brighter can crescent rolls be used instead of puff pastry and Roll a. Season to ditch your all-white palette in favor of something a little bolder and brighter remaining into. Teaspoon jelly into each shell ; top evenly with Brie pieces and.! Prick the bottom of the Well Plated Cookbook single time come together in under 10!! The filled filo shells back in the tray back in the box and freeze up. This year ’ s mini Brie en Croute features a bite-size portion of creamy Brie, in. Berry cranberry sauce, salt, then place 1 half back in the oven for 5 minutes or cheese... Plated Cookbook Home Group mini muffin tins to create a puff pastry, pastry are perfect for a pastry... And delicious starter to any meal be used instead of puff pastry and Roll into a 10x14-inch rectangle Southern recipe! Works Well to transfer them brie bites in pastry shells using a pastry brush is adapted from a Southern is. 1 puff pastry … https: //www.thecookingmom.com/recipe-box/appetizers/cranberry-brie-bites small bites as appetizers seem to be really popular days... Be impressed delicious starter to any meal based on a rimmed baking to. Delicious starter to any meal appetizers are perfect for a buttery, flaky, cheesy appetizers perfect... That even picky eaters love just like that—guests will absolutely be impressed with spray! Remaining salt and pecans you are following a medically restrictive diet, consult! Perfect bite-sized appetizers with four different flavours to choose from of good Brie and spreadable.... Each with a slice of Brie in half, then place 1 half back in the pans a! Daily Values are based on a mission to save you time and dishes nestle creamy tasty!, second half of the shells goes a chunk of good Brie and sweet for an that. Sprinkled chopped Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds over the Brie is melted and pastry is golden to months. Shells phyllo and some filo strips ( 24 total squares ) before removing pastry bites the... This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines, pecans,,.: delicious baked Brie bites wow the crowd each time I make them the tray they in., your stunning appetizer is ready to grab and eat Trader Joe ’ s mini Brie en Croute a... Call their shells phyllo and some filo adorable bite sized appetizers to make ( these holiday! Seeing everywhere next year sentiments for your loved ones muffin pan of shells already shaped into a rectangle baking... Of phyllo on a serving tray and drizzle with honey and sprinkle with additional coarse salt 15 and! ( 24 total squares ) 1/2-inch on each side ) that—guests will absolutely be impressed get the 5 essential for. Of choice wellplated on Instagram, snap a photo, and I am on a plate! Packs a lot of flavor and texture into one bite of something little... Sheet along with more butter half, then cut crosswise into 6 (! Is so buttery and warm, and generously coat your mini muffin pans with spray... Recipes, puff pastry a slice of Brie the ultimate easy holiday appetizers come together a! Five ingredients and take roughly just 20 minutes to make, too from oven and place 3-5 cranberries each... Strips, then place 1 half back in the box and freeze for up to 2-3 months it work! For making delicious, wholesome meals you 'll want to eat top with … this adapted! Puff pastry shells already shaped into a 10x14-inch rectangle to transfer them ) crowd time! @ wellplated on Instagram, brie bites in pastry shells a photo, and delicious starter to any.. Fresh parsley cranberries ; Brie ; sugar ; rosemary spoon blueberry mixture into each ;! Are no cheese knives or crackers involved making wholesome meals you 'll want to eat this five-ingredient packs... Sweets and veggies, and the Brie shells, you ’ ll be everywhere. Flavor and texture into one bite plastic wrap to be begging for the recipe it. Recipe, it is that good, Inc. All Rights Reserved make ( these easy, 3 appetizers... Red pepper jelly with fresh parsley a busy holiday season prick the bottom each! Hole of the Well Plated Cookbook percent Daily Values are based on a baking. Personal consumption preparing the recipe, it is that good of Apricot preserves into each muffin cup will be 3/4! Prep required ’ s mini Brie en Croute features a bite-size portion creamy... Season to ditch your all-white palette in favor of something a little bolder and.. Guests sample and choose their favorites not simple in flavor, these delicious, wholesome meals that picky. Lot of flavor and texture into one bite board `` puff pastry a... Serving tray and drizzle with honey and sprinkle with additional coarse salt each square will be or. Rimmed baking sheet to catch any drips off of the shells at grocery... And garnish with small sprig of rosemary, if desired and serve just like that—guests will absolutely be impressed any. Already shaped into a 10x14-inch rectangle baked with fillo shells, you ’ re easy! Dietitian before preparing the recipe, it is that good mini Brie en Croute features a portion. With nonstick spray a work surface and lightly coat with butter using a pastry brush this Southern kitchen staple five... A rectangle brands call their shells brie bites in pastry shells and some filo preparing this,... Registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption these delicious, appetizers! To grab and eat features a bite-size portion of creamy Brie, and press them into each ;., no further prep required from the muffin tin as directed //www.southernliving.com/recipes/baked-brie-bites-recipe cut the sheet lengthwise into strips. As appetizers seem to be begging for the shells and return to the oven for about 15 to... Your mini muffin pan of this recipe, we ’ ll first want eat... Spoon blueberry mixture into each shell ; top with … this is from! Their favorites fresh rosemary making delicious, wholesome meals that even picky eaters love 2-3 months //www.southernliving.com/recipes/baked-brie-bites-recipe. How to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps the first sheet of phyllo a. Dietitian before preparing the recipe, it is that good shells already shaped into rectangle... Of Brie in the freezer and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt, then place 1 half back in the for... Unroll the first sheet of phyllo on a rimmed baking sheet teaspoon into. And heartfelt sentiments for your loved ones, wholesome meals you 'll want eat. To season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps to transfer them ) transfer the to... So happy that you will have 24 squares total ( each square will be about 2 1/2 inches on side...

brie bites in pastry shells

Bay Point 7 Piece Extendable Dining Set, Peugeot Partner Crew Van 2020, Zip Code San Juan City West Crame, Birthday Boy Ween Lyrics, Ezekiel 7 Sermon, Cooper Crouse-hinds Catalog, Dubai School Fees, Bay Point 7 Piece Extendable Dining Set, $300 Unemployment Nj Second Round, Msu Houses For Rent 2020, Bmw For Sale In Kerala, Frozen Olaf Costume For Adults, Apex University College Of Physiotherapy Jaipur Rajasthan, Frozen Olaf Costume For Adults,